Thank you for landing on the about page! A little about myself –
Name: Apurva V Kulkarni
Profession: Product Management. Mom.
About Myself and Skills:
Results-oriented, self-starter, and versatile professional with extensive experience in Payments, Retail, and Information Technology, specializing in developing innovative solutions to real-world problems. Excel at developing, managing, and leveraging client relationships and proficient in collaborating with and leading cross-functional teams, meeting deadlines, and exceeding expectations.
Product Management | Strategy | Release Management | Project Management | Requirement prioritization | Business Analytics | Data analytics | Resource allocation | Critical Thinking | Problem Solving | Process Improvement | Cross-functional collaboration | Forecasting | Budget management | Risk Management | Agile | SDLC | Product roadmap | North star metrics | Prototypes | UX Design
University of Mumbai, Mumbai, India – Bachelor of Engineering in IT (2007 – 2011)
University of Washington, Seattle, USA – Masters of Science in Information Management. (2014 – 2016)
Product Management & Strategy at Leslies Pool Supplies (2021 – 2022)
- Directed the development, maintenance, growth, and expansion of three consumer-facing brand websites with 10m users and a revenue of $300m annually.
- Improved the load time and efficiency, and reduced errors of the websites by 50%+ by leading analytical efforts using Medallia, Lighthouse, Dynatrace, and PowerMapper.
- Implemented a cross-functional strategy to improve checkout experience and order fulfillment rate, increasing the revenue by $1.2m annually.
- Managed multiple teams of 10+ consultants, leading product management, user experience design, sprint planning, implementation and development process, release planning, deployment, and product launch.
- Responsible for product backlog, product prioritization, proactively meeting deadlines, managing stakeholders, and communication with cross-functional teams and leadership.
- Increased revenue, conversion, and engagement by developing product vision, and product roadmap based on OKRs/KPIs and north start metrics, NPS, user research, and customer feedback.
Product Management & Analytics at Visa Inc. (2019 – 2020)
- Spearheaded the organization-wide effort to restructure, optimize, and automate reporting & analytics for Visa India and South Asia to reduce the time required for reporting by 50%.
- Developed KPIs to analyze the effectiveness of key strategic initiatives; conducted forecasting, and opportunity assessment resulting in an increase in revenue by $100m.
- Drove, bolstered, and developed comprehensive monitoring of product updates, risks, issues, and dependencies to executive leadership, steering committees, stakeholders, and clients to ensure alignment of expectations; improving the throughput by 80%.
- Collaborated cross-functionally across 10+ teams to implement and facilitate quarterly business reviews, in-depth analysis of product metrics, and market research to identify new opportunities and features and make changes to existing products.
Program Management, Project Management, & Analytics at Starbucks (2016 – 2019)
- Owned the report creation and automation process for 50+ daily & weekly reports serving 15+ teams across Starbucks; streamlined various reporting processes to automate solutions reducing manual processes by 75% using Tableau, and OBIEE.
- Developed key metrics/KPIs to analyze the effectiveness and viability of offerings, operations, and programs within the Global Store Development PM team; conducted forecasting, opportunity assessment, business cases, business planning, regression modeling, and go-to-market strategy; resulting in an increase in revenue by $2m.
- Drove strategy and managed project conversion for the Social Impact Stores improving the performance by 9% YoY and increasing overall savings by $1.8m.
- Led project management, and implementation process and owned end-to-end communication with internal as well as external stakeholders across the United States to successfully set up 20 stores and create a pipeline of 200 stores within the stipulated timeline.
Software Engineering Intern at Nike Inc. (2015)
- Performed opportunity assessment, competitive analysis, market research, product design, product feature definition and translation of feedback for product modification for Loyalty Program at Nike to improve brand recognition and foot traffic in retail stores.
Software Engineering at Infosys Technologies (2011 – 2014)
- Led end-to-end testing, creation of test strategies, use cases, defect tracking, test cases, and procedures from system and software requirement specifications according to the business requirements.
If you liked what you read, please feel free to set up some time here –> https://calendly.com/apurvavk. I look forward to speaking with you soon!